- Outsourcing is not subcontracting.
Outsourcing involves restructuring and management.
- Consider your outsourcing partners on
an equal standing and as part of your team.
- Distance promotes objective performance
evaluation, so don't set unrealistic early goals.
- Focus on solutions, not problems -
because people are people - they will arise.
- Ensure the service bureau understands
the culture of the (client and) campaign.
- Once a trial period has been
successfully passed, establish a standard 5 year service
agreement to get both parties to truly commit.
Once your partner has got it right, you don't want them
looking elsewhere because of lack of any commitment.
- Seek only partners' with a core project
identity that run similar campaigns to your outsourced
campaign and not multiple high turnover campaigns.
- Ensure your partners staff have a low
turnover rate, a relevant training program and key support
- Establish trust, a common belief and
joint goals. Outsourcing is all about relationship